Music Promotion On Instagram
In this post, we will share tips for music promotion on Instagram, a popular social media platform that is owned by Facebook. Members on the platform share content in the form of images, videos, and hashtags.
Instagram traffic statistics according to Similar Web.
Instagram traffic statistics between June to October 2021 show that it is a valuable tool for gaining an audience:
Total Visits – 6.24 Billion.
Average Visit Duration – 00:07:49 minutes.
Pages per Visit – 11.16 (this is a high degree of engagement.)
Bounce Rate – 35.27%.
Visits to Instagram by country
Visits to Instagram by country show that visitors mainly come from the United States of America:
United States – 18.20%.
Brazil – 8.65%.
Russia – 4.91%.
India – 3.15%.
Argentina – 3.04%.
Top 3 social sites from which visitors mainly arrive
YouTube is the main referring site. This means that music creators should add all of their social media links in the description box below every video. This can be configured one time in the settings.
You should also provide links on all social media platforms:
YouTube – 44.41%.
Facebook – 27.47%.
Twitter – 16.20%.
Reddit – 4.03%.
Sites visited by Instagram users
Instagram users also visited the following sites. Note that your Instagram and Facebook Page can be linked together at Facebook Business Suite.
Facebook Business Suite
Facebook Business Suite allows users to manage Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger from one place.
Business Suite can be used on desktop or mobile. It allows users to:
– connect Facebook page and Instagram accounts.
– view notifications.
– respond to messages quickly.
– create or schedule posts and stories.
– create ads.
– analyze business data.
How to get started with Facebook Business Suite
Here’s how to get started with Facebook Business Suite in order to seamlessly use Instagram with Facebook:
– Create a Facebook Page for your music business.
– Login to Facebook Business Suite on desktop at http://business.facebook.com.
– or download and open the Business Suite app on iOS or Android.
– Connect your Facebook Page and Instagram account from inside Business Suite.
How to maximize Facebook Business Suite
Facebook recommends that you:
– Post frequently and consistently.
– Schedule posts and stories in advance in Business Suite.
– Create content in batches and save content as drafts.
– Cross-post on your Facebook and Instagram accounts to save time.
– Use the calendar view to build a regular posting schedule, fill gaps and create engaging content using third-party templates.
– Store creative assets like images, gifs, and videos for posts using the Albums feature in Business Suite.
– Save for later use when you’re creating content and responding to customers’ comments.
The scoop on Instagram photos, stories, reels, IGTV
Adobe Spark, 2021 provides helpful information here. As an aside, Adobe Spark is a helpful platform for producing free media for Instagram.
Instagram photo sizes
Instagram photos should meet the specifications in order to render correctly on the platform.
– Instagram posts can be square, landscape, or vertical. …
– Size for square posts is 1080px by 1080px at a 1:1 aspect ratio.
– Landscape posts – use an image that is 1080px by 566px, with an aspect ratio of 1.91:1.
– Vertical images should be sized at 1080px by 1350px with a 4:5 aspect ratio.
<h4>Sizes for Instagram video posts</h4>
– Video posts can be the same sizes as the images as cited in the previous paragraph.
– Video posts can be up to 60 seconds long.
<h4>Sizes for Instagram stories</h4>
The recommended size is full screen and sized at 1080px by 1920px (a 9:16 aspect ratio).
– These dimensions apply to both photos and videos.
– Images display for five seconds and videos will display in 15-second increments.
– Videos can be recorded for a full minute. They will be divided into four 15-second parts. You will have to start recording again after one minute has elapsed.
<h3>How to promote instagram stories</h3>
– Instagram stories can help you to connect with audiences.
– Post them on your Instagram page or that of your brand in order to start conversations.
– They can be promoted as Instagram ads.
– Promote your stories as an ad to connect with new communities.
– Add hashtags, locations, user tags, or live sticker campaigns to make your story appear to even more viewers.
<h4>IGTV and Reels video sizes.</h4>
– These are shared in your feed and to your Instagram profile.
= Full-screen videos should be sized at 1080px by 1920px for a 9:16 aspect ratio.
– The same dimensions can be used for other layouts.
<h3>Tips For Instagram Music Promotion In 2021</h3>
– Create an Instagram business account rather than a profile in order to gain access to the analytics.
– Post visually appealing images.
– Use relevant hashtags in order to be found on Instagram.
– Use hashtags between 10,000 to 100,000 to be found.
– Create Instagram stories, videos, and reels.
– Tag accounts that are relevant to your music.
– Like accounts that are in your music genre to gain followers.
– Follow the persons who follow those accounts.
– Interact with followers in these accounts.
– Automate the process.
<h3><a href=”https://impacjazz.org/category/music-promotion/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Read more on Music Promotion</a></h3>