What is URL shortening
URL shortening is a technique in which a long Uniform Resource Locator (URL) is reduced in size. However, the URL still directs to the required page (Wikipedia, 2020).
The following is an example of URL shortening:
“https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL_shortening” can be shortened to “https://w.wiki/U”.
Wh are FOUR benefits of URL shortening?
URLs are shortened for several reasons:
– Shorter URLs are more attractive to visitors as people tend to be “turned off” by long, ugly-looking links.
– Readers spend less time typing out the URL if they need to use it, for example, from a print source.
– It is easier for individuals to remember a short URL rather than a long, ungainly one.
– Short URLs reduce error when they are being typed out, if a copy and paste feature is not available.
how do you shorten a URL?
URLs are shortened by using Link Shorteners. These are websites or applications that convert long links into short ones. They also redirect the link to the desired destination. , that redirect to the long link (Woodward, 2020).
How to monetize music links with a URL shortening service
Persons who own links can monetize them passively by shortening them. The system works like this:
– Register as an affiliate with a URL shortening service that pays.
– Shorten the music link or any link using a URL shortening service that pays.
– Direct website visitors or traffic to the page on which the link is placed.
– The visitor clicks on the shortened link.
– The URL Shortening service displays a page so that the visitor sees it before getting to the shortened version of your link.
– Link owner gets paid, usually per 1000 views of the ad.
Payout rates vary by URL shortening service. However, we have given access to two of them. Training and resources are included.
Click on the ADD TO CART button below to access two monetize your music links with two FREE URL shortening services. Training is included.